Pulao With Coconut Curry Recipe
Try this enchanting dish of rice with coconut curry using combination of spices, carrot and potatoes. Learn how to make vegetable pullav with coconut curry.
For The Pullav
1 1/2 teacups uncooked rice
4 spring onions or 1 chopped onion
4 tblsp tomato ketchup
2 tblsp ghee
salt to taste
For The Curry
4 curry leaves
4 tblsp ghee
salt to taste
To Be Ground Into A Paste (For The Curry)
6 cloves garlic
4 green chillies
6 kashmiri chillies
25 mm (1") piece ginger
2 tsp khus-khus
2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
20 raisins or 1 1/2 tsp sugar
How to make Pulao With Coconut Curry:
- For The Curry
- Grate the coconut.
- Add 2 teacups of hot water and allow to stand for a little while.
- Blend it in a liquidiser and stain or pass through and sieve at least twice to take out coconut milk.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel an fry the paste for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry leaves and fry again.
- Add the coconut milk and salt. Boil for 15 minutes.
- For The Pullave
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
- Boil the potatoes and carrots with the skins.
- Remove the skins and cut into big pieces.
- Slice the onions
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time.
- Add the vegetables and fry again.
- Add the cooked rice, tomato ketchup and salt.
- Keep the rice warm.
- How To Serve
- Pack the rice in a ring mould. Invert the mould on a plate.
- Fill the centre with curry.
- Serve extra curry in a small bowl.