Try this enchanting dish of rice with coconut curry using combination of spices, carrot and potatoes. Learn how to make vegetable pulao with coconut curry.
For The Pullav
1 1/2 cup uncooked rice
4 spring onions or 1 chopped onion
4 tblsp tomato ketchup
2 tblsp ghee
salt to taste
For The Curry
4 curry leaves
4 tblsp ghee
salt to taste
To Be Ground Into A Paste (For The Curry)
6 cloves garlic
4 green chillies
6 kashmiri chillies
25 mm (1″) piece ginger
2 tsp khus-khus
2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
20 raisins or 1 1/2 tsp sugar
How to make Pulao With Coconut Curry:
- For The Curry
- Grate the coconut.
- Add 2 teacups of hot water and allow to stand for a little while.
- Blend it in a liquidiser and stain or pass through and sieve at least twice to take out coconut milk.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel an fry the paste for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry leaves and fry again.
- Add the coconut milk and salt. Boil for 15 minutes.
- For The Pulao
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
- Boil the potatoes and carrots with the skins.
- Remove the skins and cut into big pieces.
- Slice the onions
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time.
- Add the vegetables and fry again.
- Add the cooked rice, tomato ketchup and salt.
- Keep the rice warm.
- How To Serve
- Pack the rice in a ring mould. Invert the mould on a plate.
- Fill the centre with curry.
- Serve extra curry in a small bowl.