Rajasthani Kadhi Recipe
Here's a tempting and delicious kadhi recipe that can be eaten with rice or churma. Learn how to make rajasthani kadhi.
2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
2 cup sour curd (khatta dahi)
1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
4 cloves (laung)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methidana)
10-12 curry leaves (kadi patte)
a pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
1 tsp salt (namak)
1 cup gram flour (besan)
A pinch asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp salt (namak)
oil for frying
How to make Rajasthani Kadhi:
- Mix curd and gram flour in a container properly with a beater.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add crushed cloves.
- Then add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilly powder and curry leaves and fry.
- Stir continuously while adding gram flour and curd until it comes to a boil.
- Then add salt and turmeric powder to it and let it cook at low flame.
- To make pakoris, mix gram flour, asafoetida, salt and water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry pakoris in it until they turn light brown.
- After cooking kadi at low flame for about half an hour, add pakoris to it.
- Cook for 5 more minutes and remove it from the gas.
- Serve it hot.