Rajma Curry Recipe
Here is a delicious recipe for rajma curry. Rajma curry is quite popular in the Punjabi households. It is served with rice.
400gms Rajma (Red kidney beans)
2 green chilly
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1tsp red chilly powder
1tsp garam masala powder
1tbsp tomato ketchup
Salt to taste
1 tblsp oil
corriander leaves to garnish
How to make Rajma Curry:
- If using fresh Rajma, soak it and cook in a pressure cooker with little salt and keep it aside.
- Grate the onions. Heat the oil and fry onions till golden brown.
- Add cut green chillies and finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add turmeric, chilly and garam masala powders with required amount of salt.
- Remember even canned beans contain salt.
- Cook till oil seperates. Add the rajma with little water and ketchup and let it cook for another 10 minutes in a low flame.
- Garnish with coriader leaves and serve with Cumin(Jeera) rice.