Enjoy the classic taste of cheese with vanilla flavour. Learn how to make Ras Malai.
2 lb. ricotta cheese
half and half 2 qts.
2 cups sugar
pods 5 cardamon
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. vanilla
rose water to taste (optional)
How to make Ras Malai:
- Take Ricotta cheese and mix it will 1.5 cups of sugar.
- In a flat dish bake this mixture in an oven at 400 F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.Cover this with aluminum soil.
- When the cheese is hardened and pale brown thicken it by cooking at low hear for long time.
- Cook it untill the volume reduces to half.
- Add remaing sugar, cardamom pods, bay leaf, vanilla and rose water and heat for sometime
- Cut the cheese into one inch squares and add to the thick mixture.
- Cool it and serve cold.