Rava Idli Recipe
Rava or suji idli are very tasty, light on the stomach and easy to make. The batter is prepared in sooji and curd and then steamed like ordinary idlis. Learn how to make rava idli.
1 1/2 cups rava or suji (semolina)
1 cup slightly sour curd or buttermilk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
1 tblsp ghee
a bit ginger
6 or 7 pieces cashew
How to make Rava Idli:
- Fry the rava(suji) in half of the ghee until it is golden brown.
- Add the golden sooji or rava to the curd/buttermilk and mix well.
- Fry the pepper and cumin seeds in some ghee, then add the ginger pieces and fry slightly and add all of these to the rava(suji) and curd.
- Fry the cashew pieces in the remaining ghee and add to the mix along with salt.
- If needed, add some water and mix well into a smooth batter.
- Prepare as you would prepare ordinary idlis (steam cooking in greased idli pans for 7 - 8 minutes).
- Serve the suji idli hot with coconut chutney.