Here is a sizzler with a difference. Learn how to make raw banana sizzler at home.
2 raw bananas
1/2 tsp of red chilli paste
1/2 tsp of roasted jeera powder
4-5 tbsp of besan
oil for frying the cutlet
banana chips for serving
salt to taste
For The Sizzler
3-4 cabbage leaves
2 tbsp of butter
1 sizzler tray
- cut both the ends of the banans but leave the skin on.
- boil the bananas and the potatoes in water till cooked.
- remove the peels and mash the potatoes and the banans. Mix in the spcies and the besan.
- blend well.
- divide into 8-10 portions and shape each portion into a tikki giving it an elongated or a round shape as you like.
- heat mustard oil for deep frying and fry the tikkies till golden brown and crispy.
- prepare a sizzler tray and heat it till hot to the touch.
- place the cabbage leaves on the tray and the fried banana cutlets and return to the oven.
- allow the tray to really heat up.
- remove and drop the helping of butter and serve while sizzling.
- serve with banana chips and spread some tangy mustard on the cutlet.