Delicious Sauteed Mushrooms are made by cooking mushrooms with butter, spices and garnished with parsley. Learn how to make Sauteed Mushrooms.
500 gms mushrooms
3 tblsp chopped parsley
1 tsp crushed garlic (optional)
- Choose white mushrooms with about a 1 to 1 1/2 inch cap and cut off the stems 1/4 to inch 1/2 below the caps.
- Cut into 4 or 6 pieces but do not slice.
- Immediately put the mushrooms, without cutting them, into water to which 1 cup vinegar has been added.
- Wash twice.
- Drain, wipe dry.
- Put into a frying pan with 1/3 the butter and the juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Cook over a medium heat, uncovered, stirring frequently until the water has evaporated and the mushrooms are cooking only in butter.
- Add the remaining butter, salt, pepper and brown over a very low heat until cooked, preventing the butter from darkening.
- To serve, sprinkle with parsley, with or without garlic.