Shahi tukra is made by frying the bread pieces in oi and then dipping them in sweetened milk and garnishing with nuts and cardomom.
4 bread slices
400 gms sugar
300 gms milk
a pinch of saffron
15 gms cashewnuts
15 gms pistachio nuts
1 tbsp fat
1 tbsp silver paper
- Heat fat. Fry the bread slices and remove.
- Boil milk and simmer reducing it to half.
- Add sugar and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Soak saffron in a little milk after heating and pour it on the fried bread.
- Spread the bread on a tray and pour the milk over the bread and garnish with crushed cardamoms, chopped nuts and silver paper.
- Serve the Shahi Tukra hot.