South Indian Egg Curry is made by using a blend of spices with tamarind juice and coconut milk. Learn how to make South Indian Egg Curry.
3 tbsp oil
2 black mustard seeds
2 tsp garlic paste
? tsp turmeric powder
20 curry leaves
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
? tbsp garam masala
2 tbsp tamarind
1 cup coconut milk
- Hard-boil the eggs.
- Chop onions and tomatoes finely.
- Soak the tamarind in a little hot water.Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and fry until golden brown. Add garlic paste and fry further for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the black mustard, wait for 3 minutes, then add tomatoes and curry leaves. Saute for 10-15 minutes, until the oil separates.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Cook over medium heat.
- Add the juice extracted from the soaked tamarind to the saucepan.
- Stir in coconut milk and garam masala. If the curry is thick, add ? cup water.
- Add boiled eggs to the curry, cover and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve the South Indian Egg Curry hot, accompanied by steamed rice.