Spicy cabbage is a very good combination of onions, carrots and cabbage. The dried red chillies and the lemon juice makes it all the more chatpatti patta gobi.
1 small Onion (pyaz), sliced
50 gms butter
2 medium carrots (gajjar), grated
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
225 gms Cabbage (patta gobhi), shreded
7-8 dried red chillies (sokhi lal mirch) or to taste
2 tbsps Lemon Juice (nimbu ka rus)
1/2 tsp Salt (namk) or taste
- In a wok heat the oil and add the cumin seeds and dried red chillies.
- When the cumin seeds sputter add the sliced onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and carrot.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and cover the wok with a lid till the cabbage and carrots are done.
- Put off the flame and add the salt and the lemon juice and serve with rotis and chapatis.