4 nos. aubergine
2 tsp salt
2 nos. Zucchini
2 nos. tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
one red bell pepper
10 gms parsley
30 ml olive oil
5 gms thyme
3 gms black peppercorns
20 ml melted butter
50 gms parmesan cheese
salt to taste
For The Garnish
2 nos. tomatoes
8 nos. black olives
- with a sharp knife cut the aubergine into half, lengthwise.
- sprinkle the halves with two tsps. Of salt and leave them to disgorge on kitchen paper towel for half an hour.
- wash and chop the zucchini.
- wash and chop the tomatoes after discarding the tops and the centers.
- peel, wash and chop the onions.
- peel, mash and crush the garlic.
- wash, remove seeds and chop red bell pepper.
- discard stems and finely chop red bell pepper.
- discard stems and finely chop parsley.
- wash and slice tomatoes for garnish.
- wipre moisture from the aubergines with a kitchen paper towel.
- hollow out the centers with a spoon and chop them.
- heat oil over moderate heat in a large frying pan.
- add onions and garlic and fry till the onion becomes light brown.
- add zucchini, bell pepper and chopped auergine. Stirring occasionally, cook the mixture for five minutes.
- add chopped tomatoes sand further cook for five minutes.
- now add parsley, thyme and crushed black pepper corns.
- correct the seasoning.
- spoon the mixture into the aubergine well.
- place the stuffed aubergines on a shallow overproof dish.
- pour the melted butter over the stuffed vegetables.
- sprinkle with cheese and keep slices of tomatoes and black olives for garnishing.
- place the dish in the pre-heated oven to a temperature of 350 degree F. bake until the vegetables are tender.
- remove the dish from the oven and serve immediately.