Learn how to make delightful stuffed okra Indian style. Bharwan Bhindi is made of stuffing of spices mixed with lemon juice and shallow fried.
1/2 lb okra (lady fingers)
oil for shallow fry
For Stuffing :
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
3/4 tsp corriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
tsp lemon juice
- Trim the top and tip of okras.
- Make a small lengthwise slit (incision) on each okra (lady fingers) carefully so that both the ends are closed.
- Make the stuffing by mixing all the powders with lemon juice.
- Stuffing should be a thick paste.
- Stuff the paste carefully inside the slit of each okra.
- Heat the oil in the pan and shallow fry okras on medium heat.
- Fry few at a time. Keep turning occasionally till crisp on all sides.
- Serve hot bharwan bhindi with plain rice.