Taamota Per Eeda uses eggs, tomato, jaggery and spices. Learn how to make Parsi eggs in tomato sauce.
1 tsp salt
l/2 tsp cummin seed
8 cloves garlic
1 piece ginger
4 green chillies
9 dried red small chillies
2 sliced fine medium onions
4 tblsp jaggery
8 tblsp ghee or oil
- Skin the tomatoes and chop them finely. or liquidize them.
- Slice the onions finely and fry light brown.
- Add the ground masala and salt and cook for a while.
- Then the tomatoes till the ingredients are blended together.
- Add the jaggery and carry on cooking on a low fire till the juice is dry.
- Remove and place in an ovenproof dish. Separate the eggs and beat the whites well.
- Add the yolks and beat. Pour the eggs onto the tomatoes and place in preheated oven gas no 5 (400″F).
- When the eggs are firm to the touch, remove and serve with bread.