Tomato biryani has a taste of spices and cilanto with lemon juice. Learn how to make tomato biryani.
5 tsp oil
2 nos bay leaf
1 small bunch of chopped cilantro (take half and grind them into fine paste)
1 small bunch of chopped mint leaves
4 chopped tomato
1 tsp chilly powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
salt to taste
2 cups rice (basmati)
1 tsp lemon juice
For Masala Paste
a small piece of ginger
5 nos garlic
1 tsp garam masala
- Soak rice for about 20 minutes.
- Grind cloves, cinnamon, ginger, garlic Onion and garam masala into a fine paste.
- Keep aside.
- In the sauce pan add 5 tsp of oil when it gets heated add chilly, bay leaf, onion, masala paste.
- Saute it until onion gets golden brown.
- Add Cilantro paste. Add Mint leaves and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining cilantro leaves.
- Add tomato, turmeric powder, chilly powder and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, water, salt and cook in pressure cooker.
- Mix lemon juice
- Serve hot.