Learn how to easily make tomato thokku by cooking tomato and coriander leaves paste with chilli powder.
4 roma tomatoes
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp fenugreek powder (methi) (fry dry methi seeds and powder it)
salt to taste
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1 1/2 tblsp vegetable oil
- Grind the tomatoes and Coriander leaves to make a paste.
- In a pan add the oil and when it gets heated add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds get spluttered add asafoetida and then tomato paste.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt .
- Keep the pan closed.
- When the raw smell of tomatoes goes away and the oil floats switch off the stove.
- After 5 minutes add methi powder and mix it.
- Don’t add too much of methi powder as it gives bitter taste.
- According to your spiciness you can add chilli powder .
- Serve the Tomato Thokku hot.