5 tblsp oil
2 tblsp cashew nuts
1 tblsp cut ginger (adrak)
1 tsp chilli powder
2 cloves (lavang)
1 tsp cut garlic (lasan)
1 medium onion (pyaj)
1/2 inch cinnamon(dalchini)
1 small capsicum (shimla mirch)
2 cup mixed vegetables (sabji)
1 tblsp cut green chillies
1/4 cup green peas (matar)
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 tblsp cream
1 tsp poppy seeds (khuskhus)
2 tblsp cut coriander leaves (dhania patta)
2 cardamoms (green)
- You can use any mix of vegetables like carrots, french beans, potatoes and cauliflower.
- Boil the vegetables and peas.
- Deseed and dice the capsicum.
- Cut the onion, coriander leaves and the cashews.
- First make a masala paste by browning the onion, ginger, garlic, chillies, chilli powder, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, cashews and poppy seeds in oil and grinding to a fine paste.
- Melt the grease in a separate pan.
- Mix in the mixed boiled vegetables, green peas and capsicum.
- Fry on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cream and masala paste.
- Fry for 3 mintues, stirring.
- Mix in the water, salt and garam masala.
- Stir fry uncovered on a high flame flame.