2 cup Button Mushrooms
1 cup Refined Flour
5 flakes Garlic (Lasun)
1 tblsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
1 cup Cornflour
As required Salt (Namak)
2 Eggs (optional)
3 Red Chillies (Lal Mirchi)
3 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)
2 chopped Onions (Pyaj)
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
A pinch Baking Powder
1 tblsp chopped Corriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
1 tsp Soya Sauce
2 cups Refined Oil
1 tblsp Lime Juice
- Wash and slice the button mushrooms.
- Grind the garlic and ginger to a fine paste in a blender.
- Grind one onion along with the red chillies to a fine paste in a blender.
- In a basin sieve the corn flour , refined flour along with the baking powder and the salt.
- Add the red chilly paste, beaten eggs and a little water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- The consistency of the batter should be neither too thick nor too thin.
- Dip the sliced mushrooms in the batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and deep fry the mushrooms in the oil till golden brown in colour.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbspn of refined oil oil in a pan and add the garllic and ginger paste and the remaining chopped onions.
- Fry for 3 minutes over a medium flame stirring continuously till the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the garam masala powder, the chopped green chillies,soya sauce and fry for two minutes over a low flame.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes and sprinkle the lemon juice on top.
- Serve garnished with chopped corriander leaves.