100 gms mushrooms (goochi) cut into halves
1 cup shelled peas (matar)
3 tblsp ghee
2 tblsp chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
1/2 tsp red chilli (lal mirch) powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt (namak) to taste
2 Onion (Pyaj)s
1 inch piece ginger (adrak)
1/4 cup cashew nut (kaju)s
1/2 tsp cumin seed (jeera)s
1 green chilli
1 dry red chilli (lal mirch)
1/2 tsp black cumin
- With the other ingredients of the nawabi paste, grind the onions and the cashew nuts with a little water so as to form a paste.
- Now heat the ghee and add the onion-cashew nuts paste to it. To prevent it from burning, sprinkle a little water now and then. Cook till it acquires a rich golden color and the ghee separates.
- Add the garam masala and the chilli powder and stir for a few seconds. Then add 1/2 cup of water and boil.
- Now add the mushrooms and peas and cook for 4-5 minutes on a low flame.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 tblsp coriander leaves. Then add salt to taste and cook covered on a low flame till the vegetables are done.
- When the gravy becomes slightly thick and the vegetables are cooked, remove the pan from fire.
- Garnish with well beaten yoghurt and ginger cut into thin matches.
- Serve hot.