1 1/2 kg lamb cubes (boneless)
1/4 cup mustard oil (tel) (sarson ka tel)
4 medium onions ( pyaj) (sliced)
2 star anise (dagad phool)
5 bay leaves
3 tblsp ginger (adrak) garlic (lasan) paste
2 tsps. red chilli (lal mirch) paste
2 medium tomatoes (tamatar) (chopped)
1 cup yogurt
2 tsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
2 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp dry ginger (adrak) powder (saunth)
salt (namak) to taste
100 ml cream (malai) (malai)
1/2 bunch coriander leaves (dhania patta) (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté sliced onions till golden brown. Then add star anise, bay leaves, ginger and garlic paste, red chilli paste and chopped tomatoes and sauté until well cooked.
- Add yogurt and lamb cubes and sauté until oil is released and then add the coriander powder, dry ginger powder and garam masala powder.
- Sauté until the lamb is browned and well mixed with the spices
- Add 1 cup of water and salt and bring it to a boil, simmer till mutton is tender, adjust the consistency as required. Finish off with cream.
- Serve hot garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves.