600 gms mutton (boneless)
1 1/2 cups onions ( pyaj) (sliced)
1/2 cup tomato (tamatar) puree
2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
2 tsp garlic (lasan) paste
1 tsp green cardamom (chhoti elaichi) powder
1 tsp red chilli (lal mirch) powder
1 tblsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
1 cup yogurt
salt (namak) to taste
4 tblsp oil (tel)
1 tsp garam masala whole
1 bay leaf (tej patta)
1 tsp green chillies (chopped)
- Clean and cut boneless lamb into 1½ inch cubes. Flatten them by using a steak hammer.
- Marinade flattened lamb pieces with curd, salt, ginger and garlic paste, red chilli powder and green cardamom powder for about 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add whole garam masala, bay leaf and let it crackle. Add sliced onions and cook until they are golden brown.
- Add chopped green chillies, coriander powder and marinated lamb pieces. Add 1 cup of water and let it cook on a medium heat until lamb is almost done.
- Add tomato puree and cook covered till lamb is tender.
- Adujst seasoning by adding salt and serve hot.