600 gms mutton (boneless)
3 tbsp oil (tel)
1 tbsp garam masala whole
1 cup onions ( pyaj) (chopped)
1 tbsp ginger (adrak) garlic (lasan) paste
1 tbsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
1 1/2 tsp red chilli (lal mirch) powder
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup fresh cream (malai) (malai)
1/4 cup cashewnut (kaju) paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
salt (namak) to taste
- Cut boneless lamb into one inch cubes. Wash nicely and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add whole garam masala. When it starts to crackle, add chopped onions and cook until light pink in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for one minute. Stir constantly as the paste may stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add lamb pieces and cook on a high heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then add beaten yoghurt and water.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the heat and cook till lamb pieces are tender.
- Add cashew nut paste and garam masala powder. Cook for five more minutes on a medium heat. Finish with fresh cream.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve hot.