4 tblsp oil (tel)
2 large onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp grated, fresh ginger (adrak)
2 potatoes, cut into 1 cm cubes
1/4 cup (60ml) water
750gms minced beef or lamb or pork
1/4 tsp each : ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground cardamom, ground turmeric (haldi)
2 tblsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground aniseed (saunf) (saunf)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup shelled peas (matar)
4 tblsp coconut (narial malai) cream
1 tomato, chopped or 1 tsp tomato (tamatar) paste (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucerpen. Sauté onions until golden brown. Add garlic and ginger, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and water. Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced meat, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, turmeric, coriander, chilli powder, aniseed and cumin. Stir over heat until water has evaporated.
- Add peas and coconut cream. Cook until pears are cooked and curry is dry, stirring constantly.
- Add chopped tomato or tomato paste with the pears and coconut, if desired.