lamb chops 500 gms
oil (tel) 50 ml
onions ( pyaj) (chopped) 3 nos.
garlic (lasan) (chopped) 6-7 flakes
ginger (adrak) (chopped) 2” piece
ginger-garlic (lasan – adrak) paste 20 gms
chillies (chopped) 4 5 nos.
tomatoes (tamatar) (chopped) 5 nos.
dry coriander (dhania) powder 1 tsp
cumin (jeera) powder 1 tsp
poppy seeds (khuskhus) 1 tsp
turmeric (haldi) powder 1 tsp
chilli powder 1 tsp
raw papaya (papeeta) a few slices
chopped capsicum (shimla mirch) one
- Marinate the lamb with salt, chilli powder and garlic-ginger paste overnight.
- Apply raw papaya and keep in the refrigerator.
- Saute in oil and cook further till the meat is tender.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions.
- Saute till they become brown and add the chopped ginger and garlic.
- Brown well.
- Add chillies and tomatoes and cook on a slow flame.
- Mix in the cooked lamb chops and the spices and sprinkle khus khus over it.
- Cook till well blended.
- The onion-tomato masala should not be too thin.
- Sprinkle more khus khus if required and garnish with coriander leaves and chopped capsicum.