120 gms yogurt
4 cardamom pods
5 gms garam-masala
3 gms poppy seeds (khuskhus)
750 gms lamb large cubes
salt (namak) to taste
8 gm fresh coriander chopped
180 gms tomatoes (tamatar) peeled & chopped
45 gm ghee (clarified butter)
1.5 gms ground mace (javitri)
2.5 gms ground fennel (saunf)
2.5 gms ground cardamom
11 gms red chilies
25 gm blanched almonds (badam)
120 ml hot water
2.5 gms ground black pepper (kali mirch)
1.25 gms saffron (kesar)
7.5 gms desiccated coconut (narial)
5 gms ground cumin (jeera)
30 gms ginger (adrak) / garlic (lasan) paste
15 gms ground coriander
- Mix in ginger garlic paste, coconut, almonds and chilies.
- Lightly roast ground coriander, cumin, poppy seeds and fennel over low heat up and mix in to the mixture and mix in for a few seconds.
- Mix in ground cardamom, cloves, mace and pepper. lb saffron, dissolve in boiling water and mix in to the spices.
- Heat up ghee in a pot and onions till golden brown.
- Mix in crushed cardamoms, turmeric, the mixed spice mixture and fry. stir in yogurt. mix in tomatoes, salt and stir.
- Fry and mix in lamb cubes and stir fry on slow fire till the meat becomes very tender.
- sprinkle garam-masala and decorate with coriander leaves.