6 cloves garlic (lasan)
100 gms buttermilk
1kg onion (pyaj)
2 tsp garam masala
150 gms paneer, a homemade cheese
25 gms fresh ginger (adrak)
2 tsp red chili powder
salt (namak) to taste
1 pound frozen spinach (palak), thawed
1 cup plain yogurt
- Grind the onion, garlic, and ginger into a fine paste.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the paste, spinach, yogurt, buttermilk, chili powder, and garam masala.
- Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) at medium heat up for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mash the ingredients with a potato masher.
- Mix in the half and half.
- Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) until the mixture has a creamy consistency, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix in the cheese, simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) 5 minutes.
- Season with salt.