SHAHI PANEER RECIPE
3 tblsp ghee or grease
2 green chillies cut fine
1/2" piece ginger cut fine
1/4 cup beaten curd
2 cardamoms crushed
salt to taste
1 onion cut into strips
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 cup milk
250 gms. paneer
1/2 tsp garam masala
4 tomatoes cut fine
2 tblsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp grated paneer
1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania patta)
How to make shahi paneer:
- Cut the paneer into 2" fingers.
- Heat up half the ghee.
- Mix in onion,ginger, green chilli and cardamom.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes and stir fry for 7-8 minutes, covered.
- Mix in curd and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Mix in 1/2 cup water and cool.
- Mix in in a mixie till smooth.
- Heat up remaining ghee, mix in gravy and other ingredients except milk and paneer.
- Boil to get a very thick gravy.
- Just before serving, heat up gravy, mix in milk and paneer fingers and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Decorate with cut coriander and grated paneer.