2 large Potato (Aloo)
1 Egg Yolk
As required Salt (Namak)
1 tblsp grated Cheese
A pinch of Garam masala Powder
1 tsp White pepper Powder
1 cup Bread Crumbs
1/2cup Refined Flour
2 cup Refined Oil for deep frying
How to make Potato Croquettes:
- Boil the potatoes in a sauteuse till thoroughly cooked.
- Drain and remove the skin of the potatoes.
- In a basin mash the potatoes with a wooden spoon thoroughly until no lumps are formed.
- Return the potatoes to a pan and cook over a low flame for a minute so that the excess moisture is removed.
- Add the egg yolk, salt, garam masala powder, grated cheese and pepper powder.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cook for a minute over a low flame stirring constantly.
- Remove from fire and cool.
- If lumps are present in the potatoes then pass through a sieve.
- Keep aside.
- Beat the whole egg in a basin.
- Mould the mashed potatoes into cylinder shapes.
- Pass the potatoes first in the flour, beaten eggs and finally bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Add the potatoes.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot.