5-6 medium potatoes (aloo)
1 cup grated or crushed paneer (cottage cheese)
4-5 green chillies
1″ piece ginger (adrak)
2-3 cloves garlic (lahsun)
1 crushed red chilli
1 finely cut spring onion (hara pyaj)
1 tblsp ghee
1 tsp soya sauce
1/2 tsp sugar (cheeni)
salt (namak) to taste
- Wash and take off the potatoes raw.
- Pressure stir fry for one whistle only.
- Cut a coin on the potato vertically and scoop out the inside leaving a thick wall.
- Use a potato scooper.
- Mix the scooped potato, paneer, green chillies, salt well.
- Carefully stuff the mixture in the potatoes close mouth with the coin – shaped lid.
- Heat up ghee or butter, mix in the crushed chilli, garlic and ginger.
- Fry for a minute.
- Mix in the spring onion and sauce, sugar and salt.
- Carefully slide potatoes in and see that they are coated with the seasoning.
- Before serving transfer carefully to casserole and bake in a hot oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve hot.