1 1/2 tblsp chilly powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch of asafotedia (hing)
1 tsp jeera powder
salt (namak) to taste
3 – 5 tblsp pullidorai mix powder
few curry leaves
brinjals cut into 1″ strips
3 tbspns oil
1/2 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
3 cups cooked rice
1 tblsp corriander powder
- Boil the rice with a tblsp of unsalted grease so that the grains do not stick to each other.
- Cut brinjals into strips wash, remove and keep aside.
- Pour out oil in a kadai, when hot mix in the mustard seeds, curry leaves, salt and asafotedia.
- When the mustard seeds start cracking mix in the brinjal pieces and fry till they are half cooked.
- When half cooked mix in the chilly powder, corriander powder, turmeric powder, jeera powder and continue to fry on low flame.
- When almost done mix in the pulliyodorai mix and stir fry for a minute,
- Then mix in the cooked rice and stir gently till all the grains are coated well.
- Serve hot.