10 tsp oil or butter
7 – 8 stems coriander leaves
2 cloves (lavang)
1/4 cup grean peas (matar)
2 carrot (gajar) medium sized
1 – 2 cinnamon (tuj/dalchini) sticks
10 – 15 beans
500 gms coconut milk
salt (namak) to taste
2 cup basmati rice
14 – 15 green chillies
6 to 8 garlic
1 piece ginger
cut the above into small pieces and grind finely
- Clean and soak the rice in hot water for 10 to 15 mints.
- First put the cooking oil.
- When oil heats mix in the cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Mix in the vegetables (except peas) and fry for some time.
- Then mix in the masala paste, salt and fry for some more time.
- Also mix in green peas and coriander leaves and fry.
- Now pour out the coconut milk and mix in water for the rest ( rice and water should be in 1 : 11/2 proportion ).
- Let this mixture boil nicely.
- Finally mix in the rice and cover it.
- Make the flame low and keep for 20 minutes.
- Open it and mix the cooked pulav gently.
- Decorate with few fresh coriander leaves.