JEERA FRIED RICE RECIPE
1 cup long grain rice (chawal)
1 tblsp cumin seed (jeera)
1 tblsp halved cashews
4-5 whole pepper corns
1 bay leaf (tej patta)
2 1/2 cup water (approx.)
1 tsp sugar (cheeni)
1/4 tsp clove (lavang)- cinnamon (tuj/dalchini) powder
2 onion (pyaj) cut into rings
2 tblsp ghee
salt (namak) to taste
How to make jeera fried rice:
- Wash rice well and soak in salt water for 30 minutes.
- Heat up ghee in a heavy or nonstick pan.
- Mix in onions and fry till dark brown & crisp.
- Drain, and mix in cashews to same ghee.
- Fry to a light brown, drain, keep side.
- Mix in jeers, peppercorns, bayleaf to same ghee.
- Stir fry for a few seconds, drain, and mix in rice.
- Keep aside the drained water.
- Mix in sugar, stir gently, frying rice till light brown.
- Mix in spice powder, stir.
- Mix in salt water, bring to a boil.
- Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) covered, till rice is cooked and water evaporates.
- Each grain should be separate.
- Serve hot with dal fry.