1 tblsp oil
1/4 tsp each cumin seed (jeera), mustard seeds (raai), urad dal
1 onion (pyaj)s finely cut
salt (namak) to taste
1 stalk curry leaves (kari patta)
2 green chillies
2 cup boiled and cooled rice (chawal)
2-3 pinches asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tblsp coriander (dhania patta)finely cut
juice of half lemon
1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
1 tblsp grated fresh coconut (narial)
- Use a heavy or nonstick pan.
- Heat up oil, mix in seeds, and dal.
- Allow to splutter.
- Mix in green chillies, curry leaves, onions, asafoetida stir fry till onions are light pink.
- Mix in rice, turmeric, salt, lemon, coriander, coconut.
- Stir gently till well mixed.
- Cover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) till steaming hot.
- Serve hot.