ONION RICE RECIPE
1 tsp black gram
1 tblsp coriander leaves (dhania patta) , chopped
2 tblsp oil
salt (namak) to taste
2 tblsp. grated coconut
1 cup rice (chawal)
1 tsp bengal gram (chana)
4 - 5 green chillies , chopped
6-8 curry leaves (kari patta)
2 medium onion (pyaj) , chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seed
1 tblsp peanut
How to make onion rice:
- Cook rice and when cool keep aside.
- Heat up oil in a saucepan, mix in mustard seeds, when it pops up mix in bengal gram, black gram and peanuts.
- Fry until lightly browned.
- Add in onions, green chillies, curry leaves and fry until golden brown.
- Mix in rice, coconut, salt and mix well.
- Take off from the heat and decorate with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot or cold.