1 cup Basmati Raw Rice (Chawal)
1 cup fresh and shelled Peas (Matar)
2 medium sized sliced Onion (Pyaj)
3 Garlic Flakes (Lasun)
1 tsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
2 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
3 Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
5 Cardamoms5 nos
5 Cloves (Lavang)
5 gms Salt (Namak) or use as required
2 tblsp Oil
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes.
- Grind the garlic and the ginger to a very fine paste.
- Fry the sliced onions in a little oil till golden brown.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium sized hundi.
- Add the whole spices, garlic ginger paste and fry for 2 minutes over a low flame.
- Add the drained rice and the shelled peas.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cup of stock or water and cook till the rice is 3/4ths done.
- Finish on a tawa or use dum.
- Remove from the flame.
- Spread on a tray and remove the whole spices.
- Transfer the pulao to a glass bowl.
- Serve garnished with the fried onions.