1 cup Rice (Chawal)
To taste Salt (Namak)
How to make Plain Boiled Rice:
- There are two methods of boiling rice:
- Method 1: Absorption Method.
- Wash and soak the rice for about 20 minutes.
- Measure the rice, ie if you are using 1 cup of rice use 2 cups of water.
- Boil the measured water and add the rice and the salt.
- Reduce the flame and cook till the rice is done.sprinkle a little water if necessary.
- Method 2: Draining Method.
- Wash and soak the rice for 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice in plenty of boiling water along with the salt.
- When the rice is cooked drain in a collander and remove.