1/2 cup raw Rice (Chawal)
3 tblsp Coconut (cut into thin strips)
1 tsp Curry Powder
1 tblsp Vinegar (Sirka)
1 tblsp refined Oil
1 spring Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
A pinch of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
A pinch of Mustard Powder
- Wash and soak the rice.
- Boil and cook the rice in plenty of water.
- When the rice is cooked, remove from the fire and drain in a collander.
- Refresh it.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add a part of the curry leaves,curry powder, turmeric powder and the coconut.
- Fry for 3 minutes over a low flame.
- Add the vinegar and the cooked rice.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with the remaining curry leaves in a round platter made of mud.