Sago 1 cup
Peanuts 1 cup
Fresh coconut 1/2 cup
Green chillies 5-6
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Coriander 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee 1 1/2 tbsp
How to make Saboodana Khichdi:
- Crush the peanuts coarsely.
- Grate the coconut fine.
- Chop the chillies and coriander fine.
- Peel and chop the potato fine.
- Extract the juice of the lemon.
- Wash, drain and allow the sago to soak. Lightly fluff up with fingers to loosen each particle.
- Add all ingredients except ghee, potato, coriander and chillies. Mix well to blend.
- Stir-fry potatoes in the ghee till tender. Add chillies and stir. Add sago mixture, toss gently with a wooden spatula, till well-mixed.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. The sago is cooked when it turns transparent.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.