TOMATO RICE RECIPE
4 cups of basmati rice
3 - 4 tblsp of butter
6 cups of water
20 ripe big tomatoes
12 -15 green chillies slit
4 big onions finely sliced
18-20 mint leaves (pudina leaves)
e s a sprig of curry leav
3/4 big bundle of corriander leaves finely chopped
2 tblsp ginger(adrak) - garlic (lasan) paste
1/4 cup oil (tel)
salt (namak) to taste
1 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
3 - 4 tblsp lime juice
How to make tomato rice:
- Steam tomatoes, peel off the skin mash well and keep aside.
- Wash the rice and par boil them.
- Pour oil in a vessel, fry the onions till brown, lower flame and mix in ginger - garlic paste, green chillies, curry leaves, mint leaves, corriander leaves and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in salt to taste, turmeric powder, mashed tomato pulp and stir well.
- Mix in this mixture to the rice and add 6 cups of water, cover the vessel leave to stir fry.
- When completely cooked fluff up with fork and transfer to a serving dish and decorate with cut coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle some lime juice and cover.
- Serve hot.