1 cup rice (chawal)
1 cup chopped mixed vegetables, boiled (beans, carrots, bell pepper, peas)
1 onion (pyaj), chopped
1 tomato (tamatar) chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
1/2 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
2 tbsp oil
salt (namak) to taste
2 tbsp bhath powder
- Cook rice and let it cool slightly.
- Heat up oil in a sauce pan, mix in mustard seeds, after it splutters mix in onion, turmeric and fry until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add boiled vegetables, baath powder, salt and mix well.
- Fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Take off from the heat and mix rice, lemon juice and stir well.
- Decorate with coriander leaves.