1 tsp. ginger (adrak) , grated
2 cloves (Laung)
1 tbsp coriander , chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
2-3 green chillies , chopped
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin seed
2 onion (pyaj) , thinly sliced
1 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic (lasan) , crushed
1 tsp red chilli (lal mirch) powder
1 tbsp cashew nut, chopped
1-2 cinnamon (tuj/dalchini) (dalchini) stick broken
salt (namak) to taste
1 cup basmati rice
2 tbsp butter
1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (sabji) boiled (green beans, carrots, cauliflower (phool gobi) (phool gobi) florets, green pepper, peas)
- Cook rice, add 1 tblsp of oil and set aside.
- Heat up ghee in a pot and fry the cumin seeds, cashew nuts, cloves, cinnamon until lightly browned.
- Mix in ginger, garlic, green chillies and onions and fry until lightly browned.
- Mix in coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, boiled vegetables and salt.
- Fry for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Take off from the heat.
- Decorate with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with raita.