6 fenugreek seeds (methi)
¼ tsp kalonji
2 tblsp cilantro (dhania), chopped
6 potato (aloo)
4 curry leaves (kari patta)
1 1/2 tsp mango (aam) powder
2 tomato (tamatar), sliced
1 onion (pyaj), chopped
1 tsp salt (namak)
4 tblsp oil (tel)
1 tsp chili powder
1tsp garlic (lasan) pulp
1/4 pint water
250 gms frozen spinach (palak)
11/2 tsp coriander
2 red chilles, sliced
10 pieces ginger (adrak), shredded
- Heat up oil & stir fry the onion, curry leaves, fenugreek & kalonji until they have changed its colour.
- Lower teh heat up to medium & mix in the tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, coriander, salt & mango powder.
- Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes before adding the spinach and the potatoes.
- Continue to stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Mix in water, cover and stir fry over a low heat up for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked through, mix in the red chiles & the cilantro.
- Mix completely and transfer to a serving dish.
- Decorate with the shredded ginger and serve with rotis.