1/4 tsp dhania powder
1 big size tomato (tamatar) chopped
1 big size bunch fenugreek greens (methi)
1 tblsp oil (tel)
2-3 pinch turmeric (haldi) powder
1/2 tsp red chilli (lal mirch) powder
1/2 tsp each mustard & cumin seed (jeera)s
2 pinch asafoetida
- Pick leaves of methi, cut coarsely, wash & drain.
- Put in 1 litre boiling water, simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain, wash well in colander under running tap water.
- Press out excess water, keep aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan, mix in seeds, asafoetida, allow to splutter.
- Mix in tomatoes, all dry masalas, stir.
- Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) till oil separates.
- Mix in a tblsp water, bring to a boil.
- Mix in fenugreek leaves, mix well, stir fry on low till.