BHAKAR WADI RECIPE
60 gms poppy seeds (khuskhus)
60 gms Sesame seeds (Til)
curry powder to taste
a small sized ball of tamarind (imli), soaked in a little water
100 gms coriander leaves (dhania patta), cut fine
240 gms gram flour (besan / chane ka atta)
oil (tel) for deep frying
120 gms wheat (gehun) up flour
100 gms grated coconut (narial)
chilli powder to taste
salt (namak) to taste
a pinch of sugar (cheeni) salt (namak)
a pinch of asafoetida
How to make bhakar wadi:
- MIX together gram flour and wheat flour.
- Add salt, asafoetida, 60 ml.
- Hot oil and enough water.
- Knead to a stiff dough.
- Keep it aside.
- Roast the grated coconut, sesame seeds and poppy seeds and grind to a powder.
- Add sugar, salt, chilli powder and coriander leaves to the masala powder to prepare the filling for bhakar wadi.
- Add tamarind pulp and black masala powder and mix well.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll each portion into a thin rectangular shaped chappati.
- Spread the filling all over the chappati and roll up the dough with the filling into a tight cylindrical shape.
- Seal the edges with a little water.
- Cut into three centimetre long pieces and deep fry in hot oil till brown and crisp.
- Remove the bhakar wadi from oil and store in an airtight container.