2 cup Wheat Flour (Gehun Ka Atta)
1 tblsp Red Chilly Powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tblsp Butter
1/2 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
2 tblsp Yoghurt
1 tsp roasted and powdered Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
5 gms Salt (Namak) use as required
3 tblsp Oil
How to make bhakhari:
- Sieve the flour along with the salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder, asafoetida and the fenugreek powder into a basin.
- Rub in the butter into the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add the beaten yoghurts and mix the ingredients in the basin thoroughly.
- Add water if required to make a soft dough.
- Knead nicely.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Make into balls.
- Roll the balls into rounds like chapathies.
- Heat a little of the oil on a tawa and add the rounds and fry on both sides till light brown and cooked.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining rounds.