1 cup Refined Flour (Atta)
As required Salt (Namak)
1 tblsp Sugar (Cheeni)
1 cup grated Coconut (Nariyal)
1/2 cup finely chopped Jaggery (Gud)
10 broken Cashewnut (Kaju)
1 tblsp Ghee
1 tblsp Refined Oil
- To make the pancake:
- Make a batter with the refined flour, eggs, salt, sugar and water in a basin.
- The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- It should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Add a few drops of oil in a non stick pan and pour one laddle of the batter.
- Cook on one side over a medium flame.
- Remove the pancake and keep aside (do not brown the pancake, it should be very lightly coloured).
- Use the remaining batter in the same way.
- Remove the pancakes from the nonstick pan with the help of a wooden spoon.
- To make the filling :
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the grated coconut, jaggery and broken cashew nuts and cook for 5 minutes over a low flame stirring continuously.
- Once the jaggery has partly dissoved, remove from fire and sprinkle the crushed cardamoms (the mixture should be dry).
- Keep aside.
- To complete the dish :
- Place a little of the filling on the middle of the pancake in such a way that the filling divides the pancake in two.
- Roll the pancake with the filling (it should look like a spring roll).