Mixed vegetables 3 cups.
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp.
Whole wheat or plain flour 1 tbsp.
Coriander 1 tbsp.
Green chilli 1.
Oil 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste.
Brown bread buns 6.
Tomato slices 12.
Lettuce leaves 12.
Onion slices (optional) 6.
Tomato ketchup 2 tsp.
Mixed with chilli sauce 1 tsp (optional).
Mustard to taste.
- Chop the mixed vegetables, green chillies and coriander finely.
- For the cutlets:
- Heat the oil and add the vegetables (carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes, French beans), turmeric and salt. Cover and cook on a slow flame until the vegetables are cooked.
- Sprinkle the flour on the vegetables, mix and cook again for a few minutes.
- Mash the vegetables lightly. Add the coriander and green chilli, mix well and shape into 16 cutlets.
- Brush a non-stick frying pan lightly with oil and cook each cutlet on both sides. If you like, you can roll into wholemeal bread crumbs before cooking.
- Slice each bun into two.
- On each cut portion of each bun, apply a little mustard, a little tomato ketchup and firstly arrange 2 lettuce leaves, then one cutlet, one onion slice and two tomato slices.
- Decorate with cress and serve hot.