TOMATO AMBAL RECIPE
4 Tomato (Tamatar)
2 tblsp Jaggery (Gud)
As required Salt (Namak)
1 tblsp Kashmiri Red chilli Powder (Lal Mirchi Powder)
2 chopped Green chilli (Hari mirch)
1 tsp Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
1 tblsp Refined Oil
1 sprig Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
1 tblsp chopped Corriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
1 tblsp Split Black Gram (Urad Dal / Kaali Dal)
How to make tomato ambal:
- Cut the tomato into quarters.
- Roughly chop the jaggery.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium flame.
- Add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle add the curry leaves and the gram.
- Lightly fry for a few seconds over a low flame.
- Add the quartered tomatoes and the red chilly powder and fry for 2 minutes over a medium flame stirring continuously.
- Add the jaggery and the green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add a little water and the salt and cook till the gravy is thick and the tomato is mashed.
- Serve hot garnished with the corriander leaves.